What is the best type of filling?

A: The best dental filling will depend on your specific needs and goals. Dr. Clyde offers several different options and will help you choose which is best for you.

What do I do if I have a broken filling?

A: If you have lost a filling or have a broken dental filling, it is important to contact us as soon as possible. Dr. Clyde can provide the appropriate care to repair the damaged tooth and restore the dental filling, with the goal of preventing tooth loss and more extensive dental treatments.

Why do I need a dental filling?

A: Dental fillings are primarily used as a cavity filling. A dental filling may also be used to restore a tooth after a root canal procedure. It is also possible to use dental fillings to treat teeth that have small chips or breaks.

Do I need a dental filling, an inlay or onlay?

A: Dr. Clyde will complete an evaluation to determine what type of dental filling is right for you. Typically, a composite dental filling is used for minor tooth decay or other damage. Inlays and onlays are used for large tooth cavities and to replace large old fillings.

Are dental fillings painful?

A: Dental fillings, inlays and onlays are relatively simple procedures. Most patients do not experience any pain during the procedure, though some report mild sensitivity.

Don't see your question answered here?

Click here to schedule a time to come see us and get your question answered!